Name Change Process Services in chennai
Name Change Online in India - Overview
Name Change Procedure in India
Changing a name in India follows a few procedures which include:
- Affidavit for Name Change: Our Name Change Process Lawyer in Chennai with take care of this and we prepare the affidavit for you. Legal Prime lawyers for name change will get it gazette along with the signatures of witnesses.
- Advertisement: Newspaper advertisement is part of the name change procedure which will contain all the necessary information regarding the change.
- Gazette Notification: After submitting the name change application, the new name will be published on the official gazette and the same will be tracked by our name change attorneys in Chennai.
Eligibility for Name Change Application
Not everyone can change their names and there are a few eligibility criteria to do so.
- Resident of India
- Should have a legit government ID proof
- The person should have a proper and valid reason to change the name
- If the name change is for minors, they should be accompanied by their parents while visiting the government office.
Who May Apply for a Name Change:
- Either husband
- a relative
Legal Compliance with Name Change
Before proceeding with the name change, the most important step is to verify whether the applicant is legally compliant, i.e, there should be no legal cases against the applicant.
Documents Required for Name Change
- An affidavit on a stamp paper
- The original newspaper with the advertisement for a name change
- The prescribed proforma in print, duly signed by the applicant and two witnesses
- Two passport-size photographs
- Photocopies of valid ID proof
- A CD with a soft copy of the filled application in .docx format
- A letter stating that the content in the hard and soft copies of the application is true
- A request letter to the authority with registration fee.