Director Identification Number
DIN stands for Director Identification Number, which is a unique 8-digit number issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) in India. It is a mandatory requirement for individuals who wish to become directors of companies registered under the Companies Act, 2013.
Who requires a DIN?
Any individual who wants to hold a directorship position in a company registered in India is required to obtain a DIN. It is applicable to:
- Existing Directors: Individuals currently holding directorship positions in companies.
- New Directors: Individuals seeking to become directors in registered companies.
- Designated Partners: Individuals wishing to be designated partners in Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs).
- DIN KYC
- Change in Director details
- Appointment of Director
- Resignation of Director
- Disqualification of Director
- Removal of Disqualified Director
- Surrender of DIN